Published on July 27th, 2008.
As I created my latest Silverlight 2 game I read about the contest “Write and Win”, organized by Michael Sync and sponsored by SilverlightShow.net and Steven Hong. I decided to write a simple article, describing the whole process of creating my game: what kind of problems I have encountered, how I have solved them, what techniques I have used, etc.
The contest was closed on 25.07.2008 and then the voting began. It has been two days of voting when on 27.07.2008 the contest was finally over! I was very surprised when Michael Sync published the final results – I won the first prize! I am very happy that people liked my article and voted for me! I am a great fan of Silverlight and I like this way of attracting users to try it.
Here is a list of all contestants:
- Silveright FlyoutPanel: By Ola Karlsson
- Silverlight and Flash Interoperability using HTML Bridge and ExternalInterface API: By Jonas Follesø
- Connecting Drupal and Silverlight: By Matt Serbinski
- Tall skinny data columns using improved WrapPanel for Silverlight: By Matt Perdeck
- Silverlight Drag, Drop, Import , and Export: By Michael Washington
- 10 Silverlight 2 gotchas resolved: By Antoni Dol
- Creating a Silverlight game: By Boyan Mihailov
- Using Silverlight to Create a Video Player: By David
- The Making of Deep Zoom Obama: By Donavon West
- Post Galaxy in Silverlight – By Thomas Holloway
Here is the results of the voting: